So that pro clima SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO can reliably protect the thermal insulation against the elements, it needs to be correctly installed. Find out what you need to consider during the installation process here.
The image gallery with the key installation steps.
- 1. Installing the membrane
- 2. Using double-sided tape
- 3. Overlapping the membranes
- 4. Taping over the overlaps
- 5a. Alternatively: Taping over the overlaps with TESCON INVIS
- 5b. Alternatively: Taping over the overlaps with TESCON INVIS
- 6. Sticking to rough or mineral surfaces (e.g. floorboard)
- 7. Sticking to windows
- 8. Sticking to cables and pipes
- 9. Corner sealing
SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO membranes must be laid with the printed side facing outwards.
The membranes are to be installed horizontally in a taut manner with no sagging.
- When using behind open jointed façades the gaps must not be more than 35 mm. The exterior cladding must be at least three times as wide as the gap.
- The distance between the open jointed façade and the membrane must be at least 20 mm.
The membrane must not be secured in areas where water collectively drains off.
Additional measures during the building phase (e.g. covering with tarpaulin) should be taken in the case of occupied buildings or buildings that need particular protection. Covering with tarpaulin should also be considered in the case of extended interruptions to work.
The information provided here is based on practical experience and the current state of knowledge. We reserve the right to make changes to the recommendations given or to make alterations due to technical developments and associated improvements in the quality of our products. We would be happy to inform you of the current technical state of the art at the time you use our products.
Further information about the application and construction can be found in the pro clima planning documentation.