Intelligent window sealing tape for interior and exterior use
- Reliable installation: the same tape for interior and exterior use thanks to its intelligent functional membrane
- Extra thin: for easy folding in corner areas
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RE 2020
- Reliable performance independently confirmed: bears the RAL quality mark
- Reliable joints: slack for expansion can accommodate movements by building components
- Fleece side can be plastered over: defined transition between window joints and plaster
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
For interior use for vapour-checking and airtight joints between membranes or wood-based panels and windows, doors or mineral surfaces. For exterior use for correspondingly windtight joints that are resistant to driving rain. The tape has slack for expansion to allow for relative motion between components.
ID 12941 - CONTEGA IQ with 1 self-adhesive strip for use with masonry or concrete structures
ID 13016 - CONTEGA IQ with 2 self-adhesive strips for use with timber structures
CONTEGA IQ - Intelligent window sealing tape
Simple and reliable: the principle behind the climate-controlled membrane
Just one tape for interior and exterior use: The CONTEGA IQ intelligent window sealing tape works on the principle of a climate-controlled membrane.
It changes its molecular structure depending on the average surrounding humidity and adapts its diffusion resistance to current requirements.
It is vapour-checking and airtight on the inside, and at the same time open to diffusion, windtight and resistant to driving rain on the outside.
The diffusion flow is from the inside to the outside. The CONTEGA IQ installed on the inside is now airtight and vapour-checking. It protects the window joint against condensation and mould.
At the same time, the CONTEGA IQ installed on the outside is resistant to driving rain and open to diffusion.
In this way, the joint is protected against moisture on both sides and can still dry out in an ideal manner when necessary.
The direction of the diffusion flow is reversed.
It now takes place from the outside to the inside.
The CONTEGA IQ installed on the inside adapts its diffusion resistance if necessary. The tape becomes highly open to diffusion.
Moisture that has penetrated in an unforeseen manner can then dry out to the inside.
A build-up of moisture is avoided.
At the same time, the CONTEGA IQ installed on the outside is resistant to driving rain and sufficiently vapour-checking.
As a result, it also provides reliable protection against moisture in summer.
Joints with CONTEGA IQ
Vapour-checking and airtight joints in indoor areas in accordance with the RAL guideline for installation, DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RE 2020.
Joints that are resistant to driving rain and windtight in outdoor areas in accordance with the RAL guideline for installation.