Full-surface adhesive plaster and window sealing tape for interior use with an additional adhesive zone
- Saves time: the joint is immediately airtight and can be subjected to loading
- Easy to work with thanks to the additional adhesive zone on the fleece side
- Can be plastered over directly: defined transition between window and/or vapour retarder and plaster
- Reliable joints: waterproof SOLID adhesive has extremely strong adhesion on mineral subsurfaces too
- Independently confirmed suitability: tests in accordance with MO-01/1 passed at IFT in Rosenheim (DE)
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RT 2012
- Excellent values in the hazardous substance test, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of Application
For interior airtight and vapour-retarding joints between windows or doors and adjacent building components made of wood or mineral subsurfaces such as concrete and masonry.
The adhesive zone on the fleece side allows for easier adhesion to windows and doors if applied before they are installed. The stuck joint is immediately airtight and can be subjected to loading. The fleece can simply be plastered over in accordance with the application guide.
|Width||split release film|
|80 mm||20/60 mm|
|100 mm||20/40/40 mm|
|150 mm||20/70/60 mm|
|200 mm||20/100/80 mm|
Installation steps: 1. Before the window is installed
Installation steps: 2. Window already installed
Clean subsurfaces before sticking.
Uneven mineral subsurfaces may need to be levelled with a smooth finish.
Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded.
The width of the adhesive tape that is to be plastered over should generally not exceed 60 mm (2 3/8") or 50% of the soffit area. Detailed recommendations can be obtained from the relevant plaster producer.
Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior membranes and on other vapour retarder and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium).
Adhesion can be carried out on planed and painted wood, hard plastics, hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB and plywood panels), metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.) and on mineral subsurfaces such as concrete and masonry.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces.
It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure. Airtight seals can only be achieved if the sealing tape is installed free of folds and breaks.
Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary.
When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary.