Pre-folded corner adhesive tape for interior and exterior use
- Sticks corners quickly, simply and tidily
- Permanently reliable adhesion thanks to moisture-resistant adhesive
- Saves work thanks to pre-folding and exposed first adhesive surface
- Easy to work with: very malleable fleece backing
- Subsequent work can be started quickly: fleece backing can be plastered over directly
- Suitable for various construction situations: available in 12/38 and 25/35 mm separations
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RE 2020
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
Pre-folded corner sealing tape for sticking
- Airtight adhesive bonds at corners for vapour checks and airtight membranes and for wood-based panels (e.g. OSB)
- Windtight adhesive bonds at corners for roof underlays and wall lining membranes. Joints at windows (incl. skylights) on the outside, for example
- Airtight joints at windows (incl. skylights) and doors on the inside
Taped joints must not be subjected to tensile forces. Once membranes have been taped, the weight of the insulation material must be supported by laths. Adhesion should be supported by additional laths, if necessary. Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure. Windproof, airtight or rainproof bonding can only be achieved on vapour-check or underlay/facade membranes that have been installed without folds or creases. Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary. When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary.
Clean subsurfaces before applying tape. Adhesion is not possible on frozen surfaces. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded. Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior and exterior membranes, on other vapour-check and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium) and on other underlay and wall lining membranes (e.g. those made of PP and PET). Bonding and joints are possible with planed and painted wood, hard plastics and metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.) and hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB, plywood, MDF and wood-fibre underlay panels). Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is required in the case of adhesion to wood-fibre underlay panels or on smooth, mineral subsurfaces. Concrete or plaster subsurfaces must not be sandy or crumbling.
The best results in terms of reliability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces. It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases. Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces that have insufficient stability.