Vent pipe grommet
- Keeps building components dry: Protruding sleeve reliably drains water away on the sides
- Permanently tight seal: windproof, waterproof, permeable
- Easy to stick: the grommet extends laterally over the vent pipe tile
- Easy to work with thanks to the release film divided in the middle
- Practical handling: the vent pipe can be pushed and pulled through the grommet – the joint remains sealed
- Subsequent work can be carried out more flexibly: 6 months of outdoor exposure
- Excellent values in the hazardous substance test, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of Application
Grommet for the windtight sealing of roof lining membranes and wood fibre boards (in conjunction with TESCON PRIMER) to pipes of vent tiles.
The size of ROFLEX exto makes it easy to bond to the roof lining under the positioned vent tile. If required, the grommet can be cut to flexibly adapt to the respective sealing situation. The adhesive patch is permeable. The impermeable EPDM section is reduced to the necessary extent.
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure.
Windproof or rainproof seals can only be achieved on roof lining or sarking membranes that have been laid without folds or creases.
Clean subsurfaces before sticking.
Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded. Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima exterior membranes and on other underlay and wall lining membranes (e.g. those made of PP and PET).
Also bonds to MDF and wood fibre roof lining boards.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is required in the case of adhesion to wood-fibre underlay panels and smooth mineral subsurfaces. Concrete or plaster subsurfaces must not be sandy or crumbling.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces.
It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.