Intelligent, full-surface adhesive plaster and window sealing tape for interior and exterior use
- Reliable installation: the same tape for interior and exterior use thanks to its intelligent functional membrane
- Saves time: the joint is immediately windproof and resistant to driving rain, and it can be subjected to loading
- Reliable joints: waterproof SOLID adhesive has extremely strong adhesion on mineral subsurfaces too
- Extra thin: for easy folding in corner areas
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RT 2012
- Fleece side can be plastered over: defined transition between window joints and plaster
- Excellent values in the hazardous substance test, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of Application
For interior airtight joints between windows or doors and vapour retarder and airtight layers.
Thanks to its intelligent, humidity-variable functional membrane, CONTEGA SOLIDO IQ is also suitable for exterior windproof and rainproof joints.
|Width||split release film|
|80 mm||20/60 mm|
|100 mm||20/40/40 mm|
|150 mm||20/70/60 mm|
|200 mm||20/100/80 mm|
Installation steps: 1. Before the window is installed
Installation steps: 2. Window already installed
Installation steps: Other situations
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure. Driving rainproof and wind- or airtight seals can only be achieved if this connection tape is laid without folds or creases and are uninterrupted.
Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary.
When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary.
Clean subsurfaces before sticking.
Uneven mineral subsurfaces may need to be levelled with a smooth finish.
Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded.
The width of the adhesive tape that is to be plastered over should generally not exceed 60 mm (2 3/8") or 50% of the soffit area. Detailed recommendations can be obtained from the relevant plaster producer.
Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior and exterior membranes, other vapour retarder and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium) as well as other roof and wall lining membranes (e.g. those made of PP and PET).
Adhesion can be carried out on planed and painted wood, hard plastics, hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB and plywood panels), metal (e.g. pipes, windows etc.) and on mineral subsurfaces such as concrete and masonry.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces.
It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.