Reinforced all-round hydrosafe® high-performance vapour check
- Excellent protection against mould and moisture damage to structures thanks to humidity-variable diffusion resistance
- Can be combined with all fibrous insulation materials
- Easier handling: can be used with insulation installed between rafters or wall framework and with exterior insulation
- Protects building structure against weathering during the construction phase for roof pitches of 10° (2.1:12) and higher
- Protected winter building sites thanks to hydrosafe® behaviour
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of application
For use on the inside of insulation installed between rafters or wall framework, or over a hard subsurface for use underneath exterior insulation in combination with all fibrous insulation materials – including blown-in insulation materials. This membrane can be permanently exposed to diffuse UV light – e.g. in unconverted spaces without inner cladding. It can be used on building components that are diffusion-open to the outside or are diffusion-tight, e.g. pitched, flat or green roofs, after appropriate design calculations have been carried out.
Maximum protection against moisture damage and mould, right from the beginning!
For protected building components
Protects the structure against weathering during the construction phase. Also serves as a humidity-variable vapour check and airtight layer for protecting the subsequent thermal insulation structure.
- More impermeable to diffusion in winter, which ensures a high level of moisture protection
- More permeable to diffusion in summer, which ensures extremely good drying out
This results in: maximum protection against moisture damage to structures.
Can also be used in combination with structures that are closed to diffusion on the exterior.
In winter, INTELLO X reduces or stops the penetration of moisture into roofs and walls with its sd value of over 25 m [g value 125 MN·s/g; < 0.1 US perms] (weekly moisture transport of less than 7 g/m²). In summer, the vapour check allows water vapour to escape. The sd value of 0.25 m [g value 1.25; 13 US perms] corresponds to moisture transport of over 500 g/m² per week – which represents an exceptionally high potential for drying out.
Low moisture transport in winter – high degree of drying in summer: moisture can dry out of the insulation over and over again, meaning that mould has no chance to form.
This intelligent diffusion adaptation behaviour is designed to be particularly powerful and adheres to pro clima's reliability philosophy: to achieve the best possible protection against moisture damage to structures, the drying reserve must be greater than the largest theoretically possible moisture loading.