Hydrosafe® high-performance vapour check for exterior roof insulation, with self-adhesive zones
- Best possible protection against moisture damage to structures thanks to humidity-variable diffusion resistance
- Protects buildings against the elements during the construction phase for roof pitches of 10° (2.1:12) and higher
- Protected winter building sites thanks to Hydrosafe® behaviour
- Water-resistant and waterproof, can be walked on
- Excellent values in hazardous substance testing, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
- Quick and reliable adhesion thanks to the integrated ‘connect’ self-adhesive zones along the membrane strips
Areas of application
For use as a vapour check and airtight membrane that can be subjected to outdoor exposure on roof decking underneath over-rafter insulation in combination with all fibrous insulation materials on structures that are open or closed to diffusion on the exterior, e.g. flat/steep roofs and green roofs, after appropriate design calculations have been carried out.
pro clima INTESANA connect should be installed with the printed side facing the installer. The membrane is to be installed horizontally (parallel to the eave) in a taut manner. The weight of the insulation must be supported by the cladding.
Airtight seals can only be achieved on vapour checks that have been fitted with no folds or creases. Ventilate regularly and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity (e.g. during the construction phase). Occasional, intermittent ventilation is not sufficient to remove large quantities of moisture due to construction work from a building; use a dryer if necessary.
To avoid condensation formation, the thermal insulation should be installed immediately after airtight adhesion of INTESANA connect. This particularly applies when working in winter.
- Overlap the membranes by at least 10 cm (4").
- Use fastening staples that are at least 10 mm (3/8") wide and 8 mm (5/16") long to attach the membranes. The membranes can only be fastened in a protected manner in the overlap area. The maximum distance between fasteners is 10 to 15 cm (4" to 6").