Breather membrane (WRB) for open-jointed cladding, gap width up to 35 mm (1 3/8"), with self-adhesive zones
- Ensures reliable building components: highly permeable and, at the same time, maximum protection against driving rain
- Dry building components: pore-free TEEE functional membrane actively transports moisture to the outside
- Not visible behind open-jointed cladding: black fleece with identification marking in the overlap area
- Highest possible durability and thermostability thanks to the TEEE membrane
- 6 months of outdoor exposure
- Quick and reliable bonding thanks to the integrated ‘connect’ self-adhesive zones on the long edges of the membrane
Areas of application
For use as a breather membrane (weather-resistive barrier, WRB) behind closed and open facades (open-jointed cladding up to a gap width of 35 mm (1 3/8"); cladding width = at least 3 x gap width). Installation on boarding, wood-based panels and all mat or panel-shaped thermal insulation materials.
SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO membranes should be installed with the black side facing outwards. The membranes are to be installed horizontally in a taut manner with no sagging.
When the product is used behind open-jointed cladding, the gap may be a maximum of 35 mm (1 3/8"). The width of cladding pieces must be at least three times the gap width. The distance between the open-jointed cladding and the membrane must be at least 20 mm (3/4").
Fasteners may not be applied in areas where water run-off is collected.
Additional measures (e.g. covering with tarpaulins) should be taken during the construction phase in the case of buildings that are lived in or buildings that are to be given particular protection. Covering with tarpaulins should also be considered if construction work is to be interrupted for a longer period.