Breather membrane (WRB) for open-jointed cladding, gap width up to 35 mm (1 3/8"), with self-adhesive zones
- Ensures reliable building components: highly permeable and, at the same time, maximum protection against driving rain
- Dry building components: pore-free TEEE functional membrane actively transports moisture to the outside
- Not visible behind open-jointed cladding: black fleece with identification marking in the overlap area
- Highest possible durability and thermostability thanks to the TEEE membrane
- 6 months of outdoor exposure
- Quick and reliable bonding thanks to the integrated ‘connect’ self-adhesive zones on the long edges of the membrane
Areas of application
For use as a breather membrane (weather-resistive barrier, WRB) behind closed and open facades (open-jointed cladding up to a gap width of 35 mm (1 3/8"); cladding width = at least 3 x gap width). Installation on boarding, wood-based panels and all mat or panel-shaped thermal insulation materials.
Planning and construction guidelines
Area of application
The robust structure of SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO (FB) makes it an ideal breather membrane (WRB).
- It can be installed as an exterior sealing membrane directly onto wall studs or insulation and as a breather membrane onto cladding made of solid wood or wood-based panels.
- It prevents the flow of cold external air close to the surface of rear-ventilated structures and ensures that the thermal insulation works in an optimal manner.
Driving rain and open-jointed cladding
With its very high resistance to driving rain and extremely high tear resistance, SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO (FB) fulfils demanding requirements relating to protection of building structures during the construction phase. It can be subjected to outdoor exposure for up to 6 months. Active diffusion transport through the monolithic TEEE membrane ensures permanently dry building components.
The membrane can be used behind open-jointed cladding with a maximum gap width of 35 mm (1 3/8") and with a minimum of 20 mm (3/4") of rear ventilation. The exterior cladding must be at least three times as wide as the gap.
No rear ventilation of the insulating layer is necessary
Rear ventilation of insulation materials is not required as a result of the high diffusion permeability of pro clima SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO (FB). pro clima SOLITEX membranes can be installed directly onto the thermal insulation in all cases, i.e. the insulation material can fill the full depth of the structure.
Increased indoor humidity
This highly permeable membrane allows moisture to dry out of the structure to the outside more easily and more quickly. This is advantageous both during the construction phase and during normal use (if moisture contained in the indoor air penetrates into the structure by diffusion or convection).
As a rule, moisture that arises due to construction work should be able to escape the building structure quickly by ventilation through open windows. Dryers can help to speed up the drying process in wintertime. This helps to avoid permanently high levels of relative humidity.
No ‘tent effect’
The pore-free SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO (FB) membrane offers particularly good seal tightness against driving rain. The membrane can be applied onto the surface of insulation materials or roof decking. A tent effect is reliably prevented by the monolithic functional film and the multi-layer structure. The term ‘tent effect’ describes the phenomenon whereby waterproof tent sheets allow large amounts of moisture into tents at points where they are in contact with inside objects.